Thursday, May 16, 2013

LeBron Who?

I hate LeBron James. And it's not just because I am bitter about the Bulls being out of the playoffs (which I totally am, btw). My hatred for LeBron is justified and I intend to explain why. 

1) Arrogance
“I’m in a different place than other people,” he says. “That’s O.K. I understand. I was chosen for this. It’s my gift. It’s my responsibility.” Funny, I don't recall J.K. Rowling writing about you, Mr. James. Nor do I remember you playing Neo in the Matrix. However, this is evidence of your arrogance. Note, if you have to keep emphasizing how humbled you are, it really isn't an expression of your humility.

Also, when asked why his Nike shoe was more expensive than Kobe's, he said, "Because it's LeBron's shoe. It is, it's got my name on it.'' And therefore, it's just supposed to be better. Simple logic, folks!

2) The Decision 
While this show raised millions for charity, it was a joke on pro-basketball. Since his arrival in the NBA, LeBron has allowed himself to play a pawn to media's shenanigans. This was another overly hyped display of his pompousness that was exploited by the media. At this point, I would also like to mention that LeBron James is an unreliable and selfish soul. "I don’t want to go "Ring - Chasing" as I call it, you know. Going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion." He said this shortly before switching to his hand-picked team with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. I wonder why the Big-3 mattered?


3) The Fans
I suppose the fans usually have little to do with the celebrity. However, James loves the attention and feeds this maniacal nonsense. I believe most Heat fans are band-wagoners. Were you all Heat fans before 2010? Also, I can't get the picture of the unnaturally orange Miami housewife flipping off Noah out of my head.

4) Sore loser
He stormed off the court in an epic gesture after a loss against the Orlando Magic in the 2009 playoffs. He made public statements regarding technical fouls and refused to shake hands with any of the players after the super-streak was halted by the Bulls this season. 

5) James vs. Jordan
He is NOT better than Michael Jordan. Stop making up statistics. End of discussion!

Despite of all this, the Bulls snapped the Heat's 27-game winning streak and won Game 1 of the playoffs with bench players. And that is why I will sleep soundly tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment