Saturday, June 26, 2010

Quantitative Romance

Matlab, to you this is an ode,
As you define the variables of my life.
Perhaps one day I can format a code,
And computation won't be a strife.

You are the heart of engineers,
The breath of mathematicians,
The ignorance of philosophers,
But truly a boon with pre-defined conditions.

With elegance you can model the hip,
Recreate the human eye,
Calculate the area of a feather tip,
Help me understand the value of pi.

I wander awestruck in your 800 line program,
With loops of if, for and do while.
Sometimes they cause a system jam,
But your uses are so versatile.

Numerical methods to approximate,
Matrices and arrays to store.
Functions to simplify and differentiate,
Integration is no longer a chore.

You may interpolate and Gaussian eliminate without any error,
But behind your tricks, I am the cognition.
So no surprise, this ode is slightly rarer,
It's not really for you, but for your magician! :)




2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Don't forget to get this published :D
    You are a magician, Yag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matlabian! I like this engineering of life you have done here. Publish some plots. :)

    ReplyDelete